Selecting the right resin for your 3D printer can become a difficult task, given the huge number of choices we are faced with today. Many resins have unique properties that make them more convenient and user-friendly. One such resin is Anycubic Eco that comes from a highly respectable 3D printer manufacturer.
Anycubic Eco Resin is a popular and top-rated resin for SLA 3D printers that many customers have picked up for its environment-friendliness. If you’re a newcomer or an expert, this resin is definitely worth a go.
I thought it would be a good idea to write a review article for the Anycubic Eco Resin so people wondering whether this product will be worth their time or money can come to a definite buying conclusion.
I’ll go through the resin’s features, best settings, parameters, pros, and cons, and customer reviews of the Anycubic Eco Resin to help illustrate the quality of this resin. Keep on reading for an in-depth review.
Anycubic Eco Resin Review
The Anycubic Eco Resin is made by a manufacturer that’s known for making high-quality and effective MSLA 3D printers. With a brand like this, you can expect great customer service support and first-class reliability.
This resin is compatible with all those 3D printers that are compatible with third-party resins, so you’re not restricted to Anycubic machines only.
This resin is available in a bottle of 500 grams and 1 kg and can be purchased in many colors as well, making it possible to print things like minis, jewelry, and other decorative household items.
In terms of affordability and value for money, there are only a handful of other products that can match the Anycubic Eco Resin (Amazon). The Anycubic Eco Resin is a plant-based, non-toxic solution for all your resin printing requirements.
It has several features that make it stand out in the competition. Thousands of people are satisfied with this resin, so let’s jump into the review to see why.
Features of the Anycubic Eco Resin
- Biodegradable and Eco-Friendly
- Ultra Low-Odor Printing
- Wide Compatibility
- Optimized Curing Time for Anycubic Photon
- Low Shrinkage
- Extremely Safe
- Rich, Vibrant Colors
- Low Wavelength-Range
- Top-Quality Prints
- Extensive Applications
- Excellent Fluidity
- Durable Prints
Parameters of the Anycubic Eco Resin
- Hardness: 84D
- Viscosity (25°C): 150-300MPa
- Solid Density: ~1.1 g/cm³
- Shrinkage: 3.72-4.24%
- Shelf Time: 1 Year
- Solid Density: 1.05-1.25g/cm³
- Wavelength: 355nm-410nm
- Bending Strength: 59-70MPa
- Extension Strength: 36-52MPa
- Vitrification Temperature: 100°C
- Thermal Deformation: 80°C
- Elongation at Break: 11-20%
- Thermal Expansion: 95*E-6
- Capacity: 500g or 1kg
- Bottom Layers: 5-10s
- Bottom Layer Exposure Time: 60-80s
- Normal Exposure Time: 8-10s
Check out this video by 3D Printed TableTop for a closer look at this resin in action.
Precautions for the Anycubic Eco Resin
- Shake the bottle before use and keep away from direct sunlight, dust, and children
- Recommended usage temperature: 25-30°C
- Try printing in a well-ventilated area and use gloves and a mask when handling the resin
- Wash the model with ethanol alcohol or dishwashing liquid for at least 30 seconds after printing
Best Settings of the Anycubic Eco Resin
There are recommended settings for the Anycubic Eco Resin for different 3D printers. These are either recommended by the manufacturer in the product description or by people who have had success with them.
I have an article that you may find helpful, which is all about How to Calibrate Your Normal Exposure Time, so definitely check that out for more in-depth information for getting higher quality resin prints.
Here are some popular resin 3D printers and the settings for the Anycubic Eco Resin that other people have used successfully.
For the Elegoo Mars, the vast majority recommend using a Normal Exposure Time of 6 seconds and a Bottom Exposure Time of 45 seconds depending on what color of the Anycubic Eco Resin you’re using.
Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
For the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro, many recommend using a Normal Exposure Time of 2 seconds and a Bottom Exposure Time of 30 seconds. You can check out the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro Resin Settings Spreadsheet for Normal and Bottom Exposure Times.
Below are the recommended values for some different colors of the Anycubic Eco Resin.
- White – Normal Exposure Time: 2.5s / Bottom Exposure Time: 35s
- Translucent Green – Normal Exposure Time: 6s / Bottom Exposure Time: 55s
- Black – Normal Exposure Time: 10s / Bottom Exposure Time: 72s
For the Elegoo Saturn, a good range to experiment with your Normal Exposure Time is 2.5-3.5 seconds. Similarly, most people have had great results with a Bottom Exposure Time of 30-35 seconds.
You can check out the Official Elegoo Saturn Resin Settings Spreadsheet to get an idea of the best Normal and Bottom Exposure Time ranges.
For the Anycubic Photon, most people have found success using a Normal Exposure Time between 8-10 seconds and a Bottom Exposure Time between 50-60 seconds. You can check out the Anycubic Photon Resin Settings Spreadsheet for Normal and Bottom Exposure Times.
Below are the recommended values for different colors of the Anycubic Eco Resin.
- Blue – Normal Exposure Time: 12s / Bottom Exposure Time: 70s
- Grey – Normal Exposure Time: 16s / Bottom Exposure Time: 30s
- White – Normal Exposure Time: 14 / Bottom Exposure Time: 35s
Anycubic Photon Mono X
For the Anycubic Photon Mono X, most people have had great results using a Normal Exposure Time of 2 seconds and a Bottom Exposure Time of 45 seconds. You can check out the Anycubic Photon Mono X Resin Settings Spreadsheet for Normal and Bottom Exposure Times.
Below are the recommended values for different colors of the Anycubic Eco Resin.
- White – Normal Exposure Time: 5s / Bottom Exposure Time: 45s
- Translucent Green – Normal Exposure Time: 2s / Bottom Exposure Time: 25s
Benefits of the Anycubic Eco Resin
- Plant-based resin with extremely low odor
- High printing quality and fast curing
- Competitively priced
- Top-rated ease of use
- More durable than traditional resin
- Easy support removal
- Effortless post-print cleaning with soap and water
- The green color in this resin is more transparent than regular green resins
- Great for details, and miniature printing
- Boasts low viscosity and pours out easily
- Environment-friendly and doesn’t emit VOCs unlike ABS
- Works terrific out of the box
- Awesome build plate adhesion
- A well-established brand with excellent customer support service
Downsides of the Anycubic Eco Resin
- The white-colored Anycubic Eco Resin is reported to be brittle for many
- The clean-up can get messy since you’re dealing with liquid resin
- Some people have complained that the resin cures with a yellow tint and isn’t crystal clear as advertised
Customer Reviews on the Anycubic Eco Resin
The Anycubic Eco Resin enjoys a great reputation on marketplaces all across the internet. It works by producing high-quality details and is known not to emit any toxic compounds that may pose a health risk.
At the time of writing, the Anycubic Eco Resin boasts a 4.7/5.0 overall rating on Amazon, with 81% of the customers leaving a 5-star review. It has over 485 global ratings, with the majority of them being overwhelmingly positive.
Many customers have mentioned the durability of this resin as an extra treat. They were not expecting it to be slightly flexible, which gives the Eco Resin added endurance and strength.
Some parts which are thin and would break with normal resins can hold up a little better due to this flex feature, which is perfect for miniatures or those highly detailed models.
If you have an Elegoo Mars or some other non-Anycubic SLA 3D printer, you can easily use this resin as it’s widely compatible and is sensitive to 355-405nm UV light.
The highlight of this resin is its eco-friendliness. It is based on soybean oil, which makes this resin’s ultra-low odor negligible. Several smell-sensitive users have said that they weren’t able to notice any irritating scent while printing.
A lot of users who tried this resin for the first time have been left amazed by the level of detail and quality it offers. You’re definitely getting good value for money buying the Anycubic Eco Resin.
One user who has used several brands of resins said that the Anycubic plant-based resin gives them better prints, as well as having supports that fall off much easier at the end, leading to little marks on the model afterwards.
Verdict – Worth Buying or Not?
At the end of the day, the Anycubic Eco Resin is a fantastic choice for you to make your resin 3D prints with. It isn’t too expensive, works right out of the box with little calibration, and is totally environment-friendly.
It is known to perform consistently and produces high-quality, reliable prints. It’s also fairly durable which is not something you get to see in ordinary resins. There are a wide variety of colors available to choose from as well.
One of the best features of this resin is its extremely low odor. While it’s recommended to print in a well-ventilated area, you’ll be able to breathe easier when you know you’re working with the Anycubic Eco.
If you’re fresh into the world of resin 3D printing, or even someone experienced, buying this resin is definitely going to be worth your time and money.
You can buy the Anycubic Eco Resin directly from Amazon today.