Getting a 3D printer is an exciting purchase but getting one that is quiet is even better. 3D printers are notorious for being loud machines that are likely to get complaints from the family or roommates, so this list of the 7 best quiet 3D printers you can get should help out!
Many parts of a 3D printer contribute to the noise, so we will have to list down 3D printers that make an effort to get high-quality parts that are fairly quiet.
These have been described by current users of these 3D printers to be very quiet and with a few extra measures in place, can be made even quieter.
So let’s dive into the realm of 3D printers and see which one is suitable for your needs specifically.
“A newbie to 3d printing couldn’t ask for a better and easier printer to start with”.
The CR-10S is one of a kind 3D printer that brings your wildest imagination into life.
This printer not only fuels your creativity but makes it easy and quick to make it a reality with its loved features from previous printers with the addition of new refine design and features. The following are the attributes that make it stand out:
Ease of Setup and Use
Unlike other printers, no confusing manuals are needed to set up this bad boy. The installation of this printer is very easy and its time effective usage because of its auto-bed leveling feature makes it a must-have printer.
A Quiet Beast
One of the highlights of this product would by far be its 32-bit silent motherboard, ATmega2560 control chip, and 24V 350W Mean Well power supply that enables this printer to drastically reduce noise during its performance.
Quick heat up, low noisy, robust aluminum frame, dual lead screws, adjustable timing belt, resume printing option, and consistent output makes this printer stand out the most.
- Large Build Volume
- Resume Print feature and Filament Monitoring
- Ergonomic Bed Leveling
- Dual Z-Axis Lead Screw
- Triangle-Slot Wheels
- Heated Bed
- High Quality, Safe Power Supply
- All Metal Frame
- LCD Screen Display
- Included SD card
- Full Range of Filament Support
- Free 200g of Filament
- Build volume: 300 x 300 x 400 mm
- Feeder system: Bowden
- Print head: Single Nozzle
- Nozzle size: 0.4 mm
- Max. hot end temperature: 260℃
- Max. heated bed temperature: 110℃
- Print bed material: Steel
- Frame: Aluminum
- Bed leveling: Automatic
- Connectivity: SD card, USB stick
- Print recovery: Yes
- Filament sensor: Yes
- Easy to set up
- User friendly
- High performance
- Improved filament runout sensor
- Resume print function
- Improved UI
- Bondtech double-gear extrusion
- Doesn’t use an all-metal hot end so it won’t print some materials unless upgraded
- Needs to change into PTFE tube to print Nylon
Check the price of the Creality CR-10S from Amazon.
“Fantastic value proposition for such a large printing envelope, it is extremely promising and show AMAZING potential”.
The Artillery Sidewinder X1 is a one fit for all 3D printers. This 3D printer has a silent motherboard and loads of features which makes it not only suitable for professionals but beginners as well.
With a remarkable construction capacity of around 300 x 300 x 400 mm, it is ideal for large projects.
Not only that it is very convenient to use it and its two new recovery functions prevent it from any defects and faults caused by power outages and filament jitters. For an easy-going carefree printing, this is the safe bet to invest money on.
Connectivity and UI
User Interface is the glory of this 3D printer, from its 3.5-inch color touchscreen to its different colors for different submenus and a handful of easily accessible features make this one of the best printers on a budget.
The Print Quality
Consistent, vibrant premium quality prints that and its support various types of filaments. Especially when it comes to PLA, the Sidewinder X1 really is a more than solid choice
The Sidewinder X1’s is jam-packed with features that are easy to use, only a single touch is required to make it do what you want it to do.
- Fault Detection
- AC Headed Bed
- Power Failure Detection
- Filament Runout Detection
- 95% Pre-assembled
- Inductive Endstop
- Ultra Silent Operations
- Color Touch Screen
- Patented Couplers
- Package Size (L x W x H): 550 x 405 x 640mm
- Build Volume: 300 x 300 x 400mm
- Package Weights: 16.5KG
- Layer Resolution:0.1mm
- Frame: Aluminum Extrusion
- XYZ Positioning Accuracy: 0.05mm, 0.05mm, 0.1mm
- Printing Filament: PLA, ABS, TPU, Flexible Materials
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Power Requirement: 110V – 240V 600W max (with heated bed turned on)
- Connectivity: USB, TF Card, USB Stick
- Control Board: MKS Gen L
- Nozzle Type: Volcano
- Pre- assembled and easy to use
- User friendly Interface (Easy touchscreen navigation)
- Convenient to change the increments
- Quick extruder heat up by 1, 5, or 10 degrees Celsius.
- The AC heated glass bed heats up very fast.
- Good quality prints
- Large build volume
- The printer is quiet
- Slow part-cooling fan can cause warping and distortion in builds depending on the material being used.
- Change of filaments in the middle of a build creates issues
Check the price of the Artillery Sidewinder X1 on Amazon.
“Best Entry Level Printer: Updated after more than 50 prints – Easy and Powerful – great tech support!”.
It’s one of the ideal introductory 3D printers to have. The FlashForge Finder has all the needed features and is fully assembled and ready to use with no noise.
This particular printer even boasts WiFi connectivity, which is easy to set up and use and a generally more high-end feature.
The best part, despite being it an entry-level printer, the prints are like any other 3D printers vibrant and consistent.
This printer only in non-toxic PLA which makes it safe and easy to use by beginners, it also has all the heated elements like the nozzles insulated so they’re hard to accidentally touch and burn yourself.
Lastly, the wires are all hidden away so they can’t catch on anything.
Manual Bed Leveling
For more precise and easier calibration, manual handling is highlighted which makes the prints exclusive to your desire.
The results are reliable and have a decent quality to them. They not only handle intricate details with ease, but they also get off entirely ease and leave no rough residue behind. Easy and clean experience.
- Slide-in built plate
- Filament Detection
- Easier 3D prints removal
- Intelligent assisted leveling system
- More precise and easier calibration
- Non-noise operations
- 2nd Generation Wireless connection
- More stable, reliable, consistent and durable
- Good quality prints
- Colorful Cloud experiences
- Printing technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Build volume: 140 x 140 x 140 mm
- Layer resolution: 100 ~ 500 microns
- Position precision: X,Y: 11 microns / Z: 2.5 microns
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
- Third-party filament: Yes
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Connectivity: USB, WiFi
- Heated plate: No
- Printable materials: PLA, PETG (for small prints)
- Frame material: Plastic
- Print bed: PEI sheet on glass
- Clean and sleek design
- Fully assembled and Easy to use
- Clear touchscreen
- Removable build plate makes it easier to take out prints
- Quiet operations
- Reliable and durable performance
- Handy overhead light and good visibility of prints
- Relatively smaller build volume
- Small Filament cartridge
- Only prints PLA and PETG (rarely)
“Spectacular, reliable, amazing, made my first project in 30 minutes.”
Dremel’s 3rd generation designed 3D printer that is ideal for anyone irrespective of their skill level and knowledge. Backed by Dremel’s lifetime support, the 3D40 Flex is built for heavy usage while ensuring reliability.
The printer is embedded with easy-to-use features, a hassle-free set-up, and gets your first print started within minutes. All in all, it’s an extruder designed for high-quality and reliable prints.
The reliable assisted leveling processing takes all the guesswork out leveling the bed on your printer and the Sensor detects any variation in the print bed and automatically accounts for it for more successful printing.
Fully Enclosed Housing
It not only improves print quality, reduces warping, cracking, dust attraction, and VOC emissions and not to mention quieter operation.
Hassle-Free, Quick Printing
The 3D40 comes fully assembled from the factory and includes everything you need to go from unboxing to your first print within minutes.
The touchscreen allows you to easily access print files, start, and pause and stop prints, and manage your printer. A great carefree experience is guaranteed.
- 9-Point Leveling System
- Fully Enclosed Housing
- Windows, MacOS, iOS and Chromebook Compatible
- Fast Connectivity
- Flexible Steel Build Plate
- 3.5″ Full Color Touch Screen
- Multiple Connection choices
- Cloud Printing and Management
- Filament Type(s): PLA Filament
- Build Volume: 250 x 150 x 170mm
- Warranty: Limited 1 Year
- Maximum Extruder Temp.: 230°C
- Voltage: 110V – 120V
- Amperage: 1.8
- Minimum Layer Thickness / Resolution (Microns): 100
- Sleek design
- Fast High Print Quality
- Smoother Performance
- Easy User Interface
- Limited to PLA filament
Check the price of the Dremel DigiLab 3D40 Flex from Amazon.
“ Have to admit – a sturdy piece of hardware. Great Printer for the Price, Tech Support is insanely good… trust them”.
Creality’s Ender-3 V2 is by far of the most loved 3D printers out there.
It might not be perfect for everyone but is an ideal station to get your work done, despite being lower in price, it offers a decent print volume, is easy to assemble and improve, and can produce high-quality prints.
Creality sets a new baseline for budget 3D printing. It’s a similar experience to the Ender 3, but it has some great improvements.
The V2 is improved with current hardware that includes a 32-bit mainboard, silent stepper motor drivers, a much cleaner appearance and design, plus plenty of other touches.
New and Improved User Interface
Ender-3 V2 changes the previous screen into 4.3inch color screen and upgrades the user experience with the newly designed operation UI system. It’s simple and quick to operate.
This color screen can be removed easily to repair or replace, which can make the process smoother.
Self-Developed Silent Motherboard
The self-developed silent motherboard ensures smooth movement under 50db, no noise during printing.
With the tool box integrated to the machine body it is more convenient and quicker for tools organization and storage.
- V-guide Rail with High Standard Stabe to Print
- Effortless Filament Feed-in
- New Injection Tensioner
- Resume Printing Function
- UL Certified MeanWell Power Supply
- Carborundum Glass Platform
- Technology: FDM
- Year: 2020
- Assembly: Semi-assembled
- Mechanical arrangement: Cartesian-XZ-head
- Manufacturer: Creality
- Accuracy: 0.1 mm
- Layer height: 0.1 mm
- Feeder system: Bowden
- Extruder type: Single nozzle
- Nozzle size: 0.4 mm
- Max. build volume: 235 x 235 x 250 mm
- Max. extruder temperature: 255 °C
- Max. heated bed temperature: 100 °C
- Max. print speed: 180 mm/s
- Closed print chamber: No
- Bed leveling: Manual
- Print bed: Heated
- Display: LCD color screen
- Connectivity: MicroSD card, USB
- Highly affordable
- Easy to assemble
- Compact design with decent print volume
- Prints can be high-quality
- hackable and upgradable
- Tight filament path improves compatibility with flexible filaments
- Good results on the Autodesk Kickstarter tests
- Print bed leveling is tricky
- Sometimes, additional adhesion materials are needed
Check the price of the Ender 3 V2 3D printer on Amazon.
“Amazingly surprised and ecstatically happy!!!”.
The Ender 5 Pro works extremely quietly unlike other printers at its range, the prints are consistent and high quality. Though it has its flaws, but for its price and ability, these can be easily overlooked.
If you already own an Ender 5, you’re probably better off upgrading your existing machine, rather than buying a Pro.
However, if you’re debating between this machine and an Ender 5 and don’t mind spending a little extra cash for some upgraded features, we recommend going for the Pro.
One ascribes that is interesting to the Ender 5 Pro 3D Printer is the new V1.15 quiet Mainboard with TMC2208 drivers, considering calmer and more exact printing execution.
It’s warm runway insurance empowered, giving extra security if the printer arrives at inconsistently high temperatures.
Metal Extruder Frame
This feature provides stronger pressure while pushing filament through the 3D Printer’s nozzle, which the manufacturer claims will bolster the overall printing performance.
New and Improved Filament Tubing
The Capricorn Bowden PTFE Tubing has a 1.9mm ± 0.05mm inner diameter, reducing any excess wiggle room and preventing the filament from buckling inside of the tube.
The addition of this high-end tubing makes the Creality Ender 5 Pro 3D Printer better suited to print with flexible filaments and other exotic materials.
- Sturdy Cubic Structure
- Minimal design
- Double performance – single machine
- Removable platform
- Quitter operations
- High quality consistent prints
- Build volume: 220 x 220 x 300mm
- Min. layer height: 100 microns
- Nozzle size: 0.4 mm
- Nozzle quantity: 1
- Max. nozzle temperature: 260℃
- Hot bed temperature: 135℃
- Recommend print speed: 60mm/s
- Frame: Aluminum
- Bed leveling: Manual
- Connectivity: SD Card
- Reliable and durable
- Solid print quality
- Relatively affordable
- Super quiet printing
- Capricorn Bowden tube is a game-changer
- Power and micro USB slot are at front of machine
- Magnetic bed is flimsy
- No filament run-out sensor
Check the price of the Creality Ender 5 on Amazon.
“A solid investment that will provide quality prints throughout!”
The Photon S has a winning formula from a user-friendly interface to high-quality prints, it has it all.
In fact, with its new upgrade, the UI change makes the machine more comfortable to handle, and mechanical and electronic upgrades should translate to better prints, although we’d argue the difference is negligible.
For everyone else, if you can find the Photon S for a little more or the same price as the Photon, it’s a solid investment.
Upgraded UV Module
Adopt matrix UV lighting and 2560*1440 high-resolution screens, which will contribute to the uniform distribution of energy and enhancement of prototype precision.
Z-axis Dual Linear Rail Design
Maximally improve the stability of the Z-axis, and ensure its smooth surface and detailed reconstruction. Start with the details for a more joyful print experience.
Air Filtration System
This 3d printer is equipped with dual fans for excellent ventilation and applies activated carbon air filtration, thus able to effectively reduce the divergence of odor.
Easy Leveling System
- Lower the platform down to the screen
- Feel the resistance when pulling the paper in-between
- Tighten one screw
- Leveling done
- Lower the platform down to the screen
- Refined details and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent visual quality
- New UI interface
- Quick Slicing
- Prints offline
- Incredibly quiet printing
- Printing Technology: LCD-based Masked Stereolithography (MSLA)/LCD Shadow Masking
- LCD: 5.2-inch 2K
- Build Volume: 115 x 65 x 165mm
- Z-Layer Resolution: 10 microns (recommended)
- XY Resolution: 47 microns
- UI: 2.8-inch Color TFT touchscreen
- Connectivity: USB
- Build Platform Leveling: Manual
- Materials: Resins suitable for 405nm LCD-based printers
- Excellent print quality to price performance
- Easy to get up and running
- Simple to operate
- Poor quality control
- Flimsy design
- Bed leveling is needlessly fuss
Check the price of the Anycubic Photon S on Amazon.
3D printers can be a good investment if it serves all your needs. However, with hundreds of 3D printers available in the market, it’s hard to decide which one is best for you.
Though we have mentioned 7 of the best quiet 3D printers, it can be difficult making a decision on which one to purchase.
There are many 3D printers which are limited in which materials they can actually print, with the standard being PLA. The reason for this is because PLA is simple, safe, effective, and requires a much lower temperature than other materials.
If you know that you might want to expand on the 3D printing projects in the future, then choosing a 3D printer which only prints with PLA may not be the best idea.
Choose a 3D printer which has a high maximum temperature around 260-300°C with the hotend, so you can print advanced materials.
3D printers with enclosures make it much easier to print with ABS plastic, which used to be the most popular 3D printer filament on the market until PLA came along.
PETG is also gaining strides in the market as an easy-to-print, high strength material which has more heat-resistance than PLA.
Another things to look at for is that some 3D printer brands limit you to supporting only their brand of filament, rather than third party filaments which are usually cheaper.
I’d avoid this in most instances, unless you are okay with simplifying your 3D printing process and don’t mind the extra costs.
This aspect can sometimes be overlooked, but make sure your build volume is enough for the projects that you are looking to do. There’s nothing worse than wanted to do large projects, but having a small or medium-size 3D printer.
Make sure you are going for those large-scale 3D printers if that is your desire and you have the space. Go for a smaller or medium 3D printer if you want something quite conservative, but can still get the job done.
3D Printer Type – FDM Vs SLA
Deciding between an FDM 3D printer (which uses thermoplastic filament) and an SLA 3D printer (which uses liquid photopolymer resin) is a choice that many people make.
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
FDM is an additive process, where a model is created by heating and extruding plastic, pieced together layer by layer. Most of the 3D printers referred in this post works on FDM, as they are more widely available and easy to operate.
If you want to work on larger models or models that have strength and functionality, a filament FDM 3D printer is going to be your best choice.
They also use additive process but instead of extruding plastics, the process utilizes an ultraviolet light beam to harden a model from a pool of photosensitive liquid.
Though it allows for a higher quality printout but is pricy (initial cost and maintenance) and requires time to get used to it.
If you are focused on print quality and don’t mind getting a smaller 3D printer, the resin SLA 3D printer is definitely the best choice.
Beginners usually go with an FDM 3D printer because it is easier to start with and doesn’t take as much care and knowledge to get high quality prints.
In recent times, they are both priced fairly the same, so the main choice is whether you don’t mind the extra (messy) work needed to print with an SLA 3D printer and the price of the resin is usually more expensive.
You’re going to have a budget on how much you want to spend on your 3D printer, but choose wisely because this is a machine that you are going to have for several years.
That doesn’t mean go all out and splurge, but it does mean that it’s an investment for the long-term, so it’s worth doing good research and getting a 3D printer that is reliable, durable, and produces great quality prints consistently.
FDM 3D printers and SLA printers have definitely narrowed on price points, where FDM 3D printers used to be significantly cheaper than their counterpart.
Even the liquid resin, which used to cost maybe twice or three time the price of filament is almost matching the price.
SLA 3D printers do have more consumables which need replacing every so often, but depending on your model, can be pretty cheap.
Extra things to Consider
- Safety features (Especially if you’re a beginner)
- High Resolution (Consider microns)
- Good customer support (Things can go wrong sometimes and good customer support means efficient fixes for your issues)
- Maximum printing speed
- Compatibility with different materials
3D printing is considered to be the new best thing that is being upgraded every year whether it is used in professional setups or to keep kids entertained.
It has revolutionized the way of manufacturing and will continue to do so. Being able to print quietly and in peace, is a great addition to your 3D printing journey.
If you haven’t yet purchased yourself a 3D printer, definitely get started as soon as possible, because its an amazing hobby and field to join into.