The number of 3D printers entering homes, classrooms, libraries and many other locations is astounding and we can see through trends, it’s only going to keep on increasing.
Unfortunately, during the use of a 3D printer, you’ll be exposed to negative effects on air quality around you such as fumes and other harmful pollutants/emissions.
In many cases, there are even provisions and laws fixed by governments to mandate certain levels of pollution in a host of settings such as public buildings. If we want to follow these type of guidelines, you’ll need a device that clears pollutants from the air.
Based on this, it’s a good idea to tackle this problem so it doesn’t affect your respiratory health as well as others around you. Luckily there are professional products called air purifiers which do exactly that.
I’ve decided to put together a list of the 7 best air purifiers for your 3D printer.
- Product size: 23 x 12 x 12 inches
- Weight: 21 pounds
- Ultra-dense H13 true HEPA filter
- Activated carbon filter to tackle VOCs
- 3-fan speeds
- Timer function
- Check filter indicator
- Auto, sleep & timer mode functions
- Cleans air in 30 minutes in rooms as large as 881 ft²
- High quality filter captures large particles like lint, hairs & fluff
- True HEPA filter fights small particles like dust, mold spores, pollen & mites
- Carbon filter absorbs unwanted odors
- Great for allergy relief, especially in the summer
- Adjustable fan speed tackles the worst of air quality
- Very low noise at just 25 dB
- 1-year warranty
- Filter may need replacing sooner due to use & air quality
- Stock of filter can be low depending on demand
- Filters are pretty expensive but needs replacing every 6-8 months on average
This air purifier is one for the long term. It does everything you need it to do plus a lot more as you can see in the features. Other than the wide range of positives that this machine has, the big downside is the price of the filter. Sometimes you just have to pay for quality because LEVOIT has plenty of it.
Many users have used this and been pleasantly surprised with its results. At first, air purifiers may seem like they don’t do much, but a high quality one really makes the difference.
One user described how he has a neighbor who constantly chain-smokes day and night and it drove him mad. Not only that, but he had kids who were breathing all the contaminated air which isn’t an ideal situation.
After purchasing a LEVOIT LV-H133 machine, their problems were cleared up so much better. Simply running it on high for 10-20 minutes totally cleared the smell and it’s no louder than a white noise machine. They also moved to a dusty, dry desert area which was also fixed with this air purifier.
If you have a filament or resin 3D printer, this air purifier should significantly reduce the fumes and provide you with cleaner air.
It looks professional, well-packaged and has made a massive change to many people around the world.
Get the LEVOIT LV-H133 Air Purifier from Amazon, for a respectable price.
- Product Size: 9.25 x 20 x 22.25 inches
- Product Weight: 21 pounds
- Filtration and circulation of air in room five times in an hour. It renders air fresh.
- 99.9% capturing airborne particles.
- Quite well for an extra bigger room to the size of 465 sq. ft
- Neutralization of odor.
- Auto-off timer option
- Touch controls are easy to use.
- Deals with up to 0.3 microns.
- Effectively clears dust from room, as well as lightening the feel of air inside your room
- Independently tested to ensure it performs to all product claims
- Quite simpler with offerings of the double filter
- Equipped with filter change indicator
- Equipped with blue light off on the control panel
- It is not noisy, so it won’t disturb your daily activities or your sleep
- No automatic monitoring
- No Wi-Fi availability
- Touchscreen has low sensitivity
It covers 465 sq. ft. area for cleaning which is more than enough for most rooms in a house.
3D printers set in that room size will benefit by cleaning the air thoroughly, much more so than not having an air purifier at all. This is definitely a machine that shouldn’t be taken lightly in terms of its ability to get rid of bad odors and transform your air quality to something very ideal.
This machine has a genuine A+ pre-filter which is the first level of filtration for those larger particles that we can see, like dog hairs, lint and dust. These should be replaced every 3 months or so.
We then have certified true HEPA filters which capture the commonly-known 99.7% of microscopic allergens floating in the air. For the best performance, you should replace this filter every 12 months.
It is equipped with cooling modes such as germ, allergen and a turbo mode which does a great job tackling the levels of air pollution you require.
It doesn’t have a remote control like some other air purifiers, but that isn’t a necessary feature. The Honeywell HP300 is a good product to have if you are looking for a serious product.
- Product Size: 13 x 13 x 20.4 inches
- Product Weight: 13 pounds
- Energy star rating for low energy consumption.
- No extra batteries needed for the product.
- 99% removal of dust, cooking odors, etc.
- It sounds up to 31dB and that is no louder than a whisper
- Filters air 5 times in one hour
- It is useful for up to 540 sq. ft rooms
- The style of the product is quite trendy.
- The carbon layer is placed on the inner HEPA filter that gets rid of odors
- Blue Air adds more effectiveness to the carbon filter and filtered air is passed through the carbon layer
- It is much quieter than you can even watch a movie by sitting next to it
- It is quite unobtrusive
- Works well in medium to large bedrooms
- Low energy consumption at 30-60w
- Smells clean like sterilized and it feels like you are breathing from O2 tank
- Button on the front is quite sensitive to be turned on
- Not equipped with a filter change indicator
- Not the quietest operation
Blue Pure produced this product for the person in the middle, who doesn’t want something too budget or too expensive.
It is pretty small compared to most 3D purifiers at this price but it has a good capacity for a range of up to 540 square feet. This air purifier would do a great job to clean 3D printer particles from burning filament.
The provision of the three-stage filtration renders it adequate for being a true HEPA filter purifier.
Polypropylene is used to capture dust particles in the surrounding space.
If you have a medium or large room that suffers from 3D printing particles being extruded, then this is a good product to go for.
- Product Size: 8.7 x 8.7 x 14.2 inches
- Product Weight: 8.8 pounds
- Core 300 used to clean air in the surroundings.
- Operation is not disturbing because light can be turned off and it provides you affectless night from light.
- Timers for 2,3,4,5 hours are provided to add more convenience.
- Check filter indication light
- Energy star certification for safe use. Avoidance from UV/Ion light by cleaning the air.
- A most silent air purifier that does not create any voice. It works at 24dB quiet sleep without any voice.
- 3-in-1 H13-grade True HEPA filter making it more reliable with professional services from California where it is designed.
- Core 300 adds an extra efficient cleaner for your environment, up to 219 ft²/20m²
- 5 changes of HEPA filtered air per hour
- Silent workers to make you sleep better even sleep next to it and its robust exposure will not make you feel its presence.
- Timer provision for more convenience
- Small in size
- Lightest to carry
- Energy star certification
- UV rays protector
- Equipped to turn off light to get avoided by light disturbance.
- The longer length and large expansion area improve filtration.
- No automatic monitoring.
- Having no Wi-Fi capability
If you are looking for an air purifier for small space even for homes to get protection from polluted air quality then you are looking for the right product.
It can be used for purifying air polluted from your 3D printer. Although we can’t see these small particle, they are definitely being put out in the air and we don’t have the best ways of getting rid of it. The LEVOIT Core 300 does a great job filtering these tiny particles.
Its smaller size and lightness add easiness to portability. It would be an amazing addition to a small office or home. This is pretty much quiet. On average, it uses just 35 watts of power and that is not bad for any user.
There may be reports or you may see this in comments that it gets warm after operating for months, but it is quite simple to release this concern by turning it off and keeping windows open for some time.
You should go for this product if you are on a budget because it is quite a new product and there would not be any issue to recommend it for small places air purification.
Get the LEVOIT Air Purifier, the #1 Amazon Best Seller today.
- Product Size: 24.1 x 23 x 9.8 inches
- Product Weight: 19.4 pounds
- It covers an area of around 815 square feet.
- Equipped with six different stages of purification.
- 99.97% efficiency to particles of 0.3 microns.
- Efficiency level up to 99% for particles up to 0.1 microns.
- It can stand on two positions whether alone or mounted with a wall.
- Equipped with filter change indicator.
- The sound level is quite lower around sleeping.
- The motor is energy certified.
- It can work up to 2 years if operated for 12 hours on a daily basis.
- Equipped with a 5-year warranty.
- Removes odor of cigarettes, cooking and much more
- Modernized equipped design and control system.
- Topline air purifying product.
- Use of brushless motor.
- It cannot hold on to its settings in case of sudden power loss.
- No automatic monitoring.
- No Wi-Fi availability.
RabbitAir is as famous in the market for its products but it is a matter of their history which makes them a viable option to purchase.
They have been developing amazing products and competing against other brands since 2004. They are one of the leaders in the market and they know how to add wanted features to their products to really make a difference.
This air purifier is definitely a candidate for one of the best air purifiers of 2020, but it does come at a premium price.
The flat design makes it more radiant and the brand has taken it as an advantage to come up with vinyl applications.
It is equipped with a six-stage filtration processes; pre-filter, medium-filter, true HEPA filter, customization by your own choice, ion generators, and activated carbon filter. It makes it quite exceptional to get attention to the maximum.
It is quite an amazing product that it would be enough even a long talk. There is only one downside of the product that the speed of fans is pretty slow. But still quite good and you would really like to use your earned money quite wisely.
- Product Size: 15 x 8.2 x 23.6 inches
- Product Weight: 15.4 pounds
- 4 fan speeds for greater control
- Equipped with 3-stage air purification
- VOC smart sensor & air quality visual indicator
- HEPA filter to capture particles up to 0.3 microns
- Covers rooms up to 360 sq. ft.
- It works at a noise level of 27.8 dB
- Equipped with plasma technology
- Equipped with smart sensors to monitor air quality
- Remote controlled system to work out by your own ease
- Set and forget auto mode in smart sensors
- CADR & AHAM certified plasma cleaner
- Automatic fan speed controller to lower it
- Able to dim control panel display during night operation
- Energy-efficient cleaning
- Washable after every three months to maximize the effectiveness
- May get malfunctioned by interference from other electronic devices.
- Avoid using the PlasmaWave technology as it can produce ‘Ozone’
Winix is a Korean-based company and quite good at providing air purifiers for the last 40 years. The 5500-2 is equipped with quite an excellent quality of plasma air cleaning technology.
On its front, it is equipped with a 5-button function. Moreover, the company directed not to keep it quite open in sunlight to avoid any of the products.
It is a well-designed product with better performance value. From the wide number of features this machine has to the many benefits and certifications, this air purifier is a good choice for clearing up 3D printing pollution.
- Product Size: 13.5 x 7 x 19.5 inches
- Product Weight: 12 pounds
- It is equipped with a manual control system.
- Equipped with a two-year warranty.
- Sensor to measure air quality and change speed to real-time use.
- 5-in-1 air purification system
- Ionizer which is ozone-safe (9 parts per billion)
- Auto mode which adjusts fan speed in real time
- Remote-control operation
- Ozone free environment.
- Highly efficient protection from air pollutants
- Eliminates odors fast
- Easily be able to tell whether air quality is good, bad or average
- Equipped with a 2-year warranty
- Very quiet in operation, especially in sleep mode at 20 dB
- Low price product equipped with great value
- Customer service has been reported to have some issues but most is good
It is a product with much familiarity in design and top of the line features to make it easy to use and very effective in functionality. On top of that, it’s all at a very competitive price for a high-tier air purifier.
Customers have highly rated this product with more than 2000 comments from customers who are quite satisfied with that product.
It is equipped with 5-stage air quality to develop an environment of great protection from polluted air. It can easily cover a room of size 360 square feet. It is quite simple to use and easy to control.
It has continued to be a popular product on Amazon with positive reviews because of its budget air purification. The fan power has been known to be quite weak on the lower settings, but this can easily be turned to the higher modes.
When we look at features, specifications, benefits along with cons and finally, the price, there is one air purifier I recommend the most.
That purifier is the LEVOIT LV-H133. It comes from a very reliable brand that is well-respected in the air purifier space and it will do its job to get rid of 3D printing pollution.
The H13 true HEPA filter is a necessary feature which works very well for its intended purpose and it’s ideal for large rooms. Even past the scope of 3D printing, if you have respiratory issues, allergies, pets or kids, this product will be an excellent addition to your home gadgets.