There are plenty of different 3D printers to choose from when it comes to finally getting one for yourself, but how do you know which one to get?
I decided to write this article for people that are looking for a 3D printer especially for high detail/resolution, as well as for smaller parts. The main two types of 3D printing is resin (SLA) 3D printing and filament (FDM) 3D printing.
Generally speaking, you’ll get the best quality models by getting a resin 3D printer since they have a minimum layer height a lot better than filament printers.
There is still a reason why some people would want a filament 3D printer while trying to create smaller parts, so I’ve included a few of them in this list.
Without further delay, let’s get into this list of the 7 best 3D printers for high detail and resolution.
Resin 3D printing is gaining too much popularity in the industry but one thing was slowing it down, and that’s the resin printer’s small size. The Anycubic Photon Mono X is the latest resin 3D printer that comes with a relatively large printing area at a reasonable price.
It has become a staple in the resin 3D printing industry as one of the larger machines that not only provide fast curing, but also comes with a durable monochrome LCD which lasts for around 2,000 hours of printing, unlike RGB displays.
There were a few issues in the initial version of the Photon Mono X but after taking notes from customers’ feedback, they have improved the machine to the extent that it is now considered one of the best resin 3D printers in the market.
If you are a lover of FDM 3D printers and think that printing with liquid on new resin 3D printers is messy, all your assumptions will be proved wrong after using the Anycubic Photon Mono X. It has the ability to offer 3D printed models of high resolution with fine details.
Features of the Anycubic Photon Mono X
- 9″ 4K Monochrome LCD
- New Upgraded LED Array
- UV Cooling System
- Dual Linear Z-Axis
- Wi-Fi Functionality – App Remote Control
- Large Build Size
- High-Quality Power Supply
- Sanded Aluminum Build Plate
- Fast Printing Speed
- 8x Anti-Aliasing
- 5″ HD Full-Color Touch Screen
- Sturdy Resin Vat
Specifications of the Anycubic Photon Mono X
- Build Volume: 192 x 120 x 245mm
- Layer Resolution: 0.01-0.15mm
- Operation: 3.5″ Touch Screen
- Software: Anycubic Photon Workshop
- Connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi
- Technology: LCD-Based SLA
- Light Source: 405nm Wavelength
- XY Resolution: 0.05mm, 3840 x 2400 (4K)
- Z-Axis Resolution: 0.01mm
- Maximum Printing Speed: 60mm/h
- Rated Power: 120W
- Printer Size: 270 x 290 x 475mm
- Net Weight: 10.75kg
The Anycubic Photon Mono X is packed full of useful and practical features that current users are loving. One of the main features as previously mentioned is their large monochrome screen which reduces curing times to between 1.5-3 seconds per layer.
This is a massive improvement compared to the older resin 3D printers, known cure around 3 times faster. The build volume of 192 x 120 x 245 is the main selling point of this 3D printer, and it still maintains the high level of accuracy as smaller 3D printers.
The dual linear Z-axis provides you with plenty of stability during the printing process, along with a high quality power supply that can keep those longer 3D prints going strong.
The light array within the Mono X is upgraded for a more simple and uniform LED array which also translates to finer details, perfect for smaller parts.
In terms of bed adhesion, we have the lovely sanded aluminum build plate.
Many users have shown praise to the good level of bed adhesion. You’ll have to make sure the bed is nice and level, along with good bottom layers and exposure settings for the best results.
The control and operation of the Mono X is clean and smooth, since it has a colorful and large display that even shows you previews of your upcoming 3D prints.
Another lovely feature has to be the Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to monitor the current progress, adjust key settings, and even pause/resume the print as you desire.
User Experience of the Anycubic Photon Mono X
Many users that mention this is their first resin 3D printer go on to show appreciation of just how excellent the print quality and final finish is. They went from quick assembly to flawless 3D prints without issues.
One user loved how smoothly everything moves and operates, commenting on its solid stability and how the leveling remains in place for plenty of 3D prints. Since the leveling system has a 4-point arrangement, it means you barely have to re-level this machine.
Unlike some other manufacturers out there, the documentation and guide is very easy to follow from start to finish.
You’ll hear about how your 3D prints will have “unbelievable detail” and gives you the ability to print plenty of small objects that you couldn’t with an FDM 3D printer.
The size of the printer, its printing speed, precision, ease of operation, quality of the models, and high details are some of the major reasons that make the Anycubic Photon Mega X people’s favorite and highly recommended 3D printer.
One buyer said that he uses this 3D printer to print all sorts of small parts and models for various applications.
Instead of being able to 3D print 10 miniatures on a previous resin 3D printer, one person who bought the Anycubic Photon Mono X went on to be able to 3D print 40 miniatures in a single run.
Pros of the Anycubic Photon Mono X
- You can get printing really quickly, all within 5 minutes since it’s mostly pre-assembled
- It’s really easy to operate, with simple touchscreen settings to get through
- The Wi-Fi monitoring app is great for checking on the progress and even changing settings if desired
- Has a very large build volume for a resin 3D printer
- Cures full layers at once, resulting in quicker printing
- Professional looking and has a sleek design
- Simple leveling system which stays sturdy
- Amazing stability and precise movements that lead to almost invisible layer lines in 3D prints
- Ergonomic vat design has a dented edge for easier pouring
- Build plate adhesion works well
- Produces amazing resin 3D prints consistently
- Growing Facebook Community with plenty of helpful tips, advice, and troubleshooting
Cons of the Anycubic Photon Mono X
- Only recognizes .pwmx files so you may be limited in your slicer choice
- The acrylic cover doesn’t sit in place too well and can move easily
- The touchscreen is a little flimsy
- Fairly pricey compared to other resin 3D printers
- Anycubic doesn’t have the best customer service track record
If you are looking for a 3D printer that has fabulous features and offers you a large printing area so that you can print various models at the same time, you can’t go wrong with this 3D printer.
You won’t have to compromise on the model’s quality, details, and high resolution.
Go get the Anycubic Photon Mono X 3D printer on Amazon today.
The Qidi Tech S-Box is a well-structured 3D printer that is specially designed and manufactured by a respected professional team that mainly focuses on creating machines that can create some top-quality 3D prints with maximum ease.
Qidi Technology has great experience in manufacturing 3D printers as have been in the market for more than 7 years. The X Series of Qidi Tech includes 3D printers that are listed among the best 3D printers in the market.
The S-Box (Amazon) is an advanced 3D printer that is manufactured after experiencing all the ups and downs of 3D printers in the 7 years of their experience.
The detailed printing effect, top stability, unique design, professional structure, and ease of use are some of the major plus points of this 3D printer.
Features of the Qidi Tech S-Box
- Sturdy Design
- Scientifically Designed Leveling Structure
- 3-Inch Touch Screen
- Newly Developed Resin Vat
- Dual Air Filtration 2K LCD – 2560 x 1440 Pixels
- Third-Generation Matrix Parallel Light Source
- ChiTu Firmware & Slicer
- Free One-Year Warranty
Specifications of the Qidi Tech S-Box
- Technology: MSLA
- Build Volume: 215 x 130 x 200mm
- Layer Height: 10 microns
- XY Resolution: 0.047mm
- Z-Axis Positioning Accuracy: 0.00125mm
- Printing Speed: 20mm/h
- Bed Leveling: Manual
- Materials: 405 nm UV resin
- Operating System: Windows/ Mac OSX
- Connectivity: USB
The Qidi Tech S-Box is another large resin 3D printer that can deliver fine details, high resolution, and some top-notch smaller parts. One key aspect that you’ll love is their one-key leveling system.
It’s a unique leveling structure that allows you to simple “home” the 3D printer, tighten up the one main screw, and have a leveled machine ready to use.
Many users of this machine love the professional look, as well as the structure being made up off cast aluminum from one-time molding.
This leads to better stability and mechanical structure, especially helpful for when you are printing multiple smaller models.
Similar to the Photon Mono X, you have a double-line guide rail, and it has an industrial-grade ball screw in the middle. Another great aspect is the Z-axis accuracy which can easily reach 0.00125mm!
For the main driving forces of the S-Box, you have the TMC2209 drive intelligent chip to keep things running smoothly.
To get the best quality and detail, this 3D printer is equipped with a 10.1″ high precision screen where the light is very uniform. If you have a batch of smaller 3D prints that you want to create, you’ll be able to do that nicely with this machine.
User Experience of the Qidi Tech S-Box
The Qidi Tech S-Box is a lesser known resin 3D printer, but definitely a competitor that people should look into. One of the consistent things that people mention is just how top-class Qidi’s customer support is.
They are known to be very fast and helpful in their responses, even though they are based overseas, but let’s talk more about the printer itself!
When it arrives, you can expect it to be packaged up professionally, ensuring that it arrives to you in one piece.
Some of the key pros that you can expect is a large build size, where you can fit 3x more 3D prints on the build plate compared to “standard” resin 3D printers.
Not only that, but the detail and resolution on the resulting 3D prints is fantastic, even requiring very minimal post-processing. Users love how easy the leveling process is, as mentioned above, as well as how quiet it runs.
The overall cleanup is fairly easy since you have space to move around and you don’t have the removable lid like on the Photon Mono X.
It’s rated very positively on Amazon and several of its current users give it a solid recommendation to have by your side.
One buyer specifically purchased this 3D printer to print miniatures and jewelry prototypes because it was related to his profession.
He said that the Qidi Tech S-Box has never disappointed him even when printing 3D models with complex design and structure. This printer has the ability to show each minor detail from top to bottom.
Pros of the Qidi Tech S-Box
- The machine is easy to set up, and even beginners can use it with the instruction guide that comes with it.
- Qidi Tech S-Box has a sleek and modern construction and provides it extra durability for long-lasting service.
- You will get a smooth operation –no more complexity- with minimal settings.
- The customer service after the purchase and during the use is fantastic and satisfactory.
- As compared to other 3D resin printers, it offers excellent print precision.
- The S-Box uses a matrix LED array with 96 individual points of UV light for uniform lighting and better quality.
- The smart chip present in the Z-axis motor machine provides you the incredible precision that you demand.
Cons of the Qidi Tech S-Box
- As the machine is quite new, the community is not that large, so the customers feel difficulty interacting.
- Fairly expensive resin 3D printer compared to budget options.
- It does not have any connectivity option other than USB.
- The size is a bit large as it is almost two feet long and over a foot and a half high.
- It weighs almost 55lbs, and that is high too – the vat and built plate are pretty heavy!
- The connectivity ports and touchscreen electronics are at the machine’s side that covers the whole side of the table.
If you are looking for a resin 3D printer that offers a large build volume, this 3D printer is for you as it comes with a massive area of 215 x 130 x 200mm.
To get a 3D printer that can provide fine details and high resolution, go get yourself the Qidi Tech S-Box right now from Amazon.
Elegoo received a lot of appreciation for their Mars 3D printer series because of their high-quality prints at a reasonable price but they all have a build volume of standard size.
To keep their pace in the competitive market, Elegoo is including advanced features in their new 3D printers and the Elegoo Saturn (Amazon) is the latest and largest. This 3D printer is a direct competitor to the Photon Mono X and Qidi Tech S-Box.
There are plenty of amazing features that make Elegoo Saturn a considerable 3D printer while printing small parts, giving users some great print resolution and high details.
Its large build volume which is almost twice the size of a standard 3D printer and the monochrome LCD is another key feature that has brought many people to considering it for purchase.
Features of the Elegoo Saturn
- 9″ 4K Monochrome LCD
- 54 UV LED Matrix Light Source
- HD Print Resolution
- Dual Linear Z-Axis Rails
- Large Build Volume
- Color Touch Screen
- Ethernet Port File Transfer
- Long-Lasting Leveling
- Sanded Aluminum Build Plate
Specifications of the Elegoo Saturn
- Build Volume: 192 x 120 x 200mm
- Operation: 3.5-Inch Touch Screen
- Slicer Software: ChiTu DLP Slicer
- Connectivity: USB
- Technology: LCD UV Photocuring
- Light source: UV Integrated LED lights (wavelength 405nm)
- XY Resolution: 0.05mm (3840 x 2400)
- Z-Axis Accuracy: 0.00125mm
- Layer Thickness: 0.01 – 0.15mm
- Printing Speed: 30-40mm/h
- Printer Dimensions: 280 x 240 x 446mm
- Power Requirements: 110-240V 50/60Hz 24V4A 96W
- Weight: 22 Lbs (10 Kg)
The build volume of the Elegoo Saturn sits at a respectable 192 x 120 x 200mm which is slightly smaller than the Anycubic Photon Mono X, mainly in the height. You should be able to get the Saturn at a cheaper price due to this.
It has the standard dual linear Z-axis rails for this larger resin 3D printer to be able to stabilize your 3D prints while they are being created. It shares many similarities with the Mono X in this regard and with other features.
You’ll appreciate the 54 bright UV LED matrix lights within the base of the 3D printer and the 9″ monochrome LCD that provides the power and 405nm lighting system to harden the photopolymer resin.
Print quality, fine detail and high resolution is something several current users of the Saturn enjoy. If you have smaller parts that you want to 3D print, you can’t go wrong with this machine.
User Experience of the Elegoo Saturn
One of the buyers said in his feedback that this 3D printer was far better than his expectations and gave it an A+ grade in print quality. The user added that it only took less than 10 minutes to complete all the processes from unboxing to assembly.
If you want something that is simple to set up, yet can provide top quality 3D prints, it’s a great choice to go for.
Because of its advanced features such as the sanded metal build plate, and the sturdy and strong mechanisms, this 3D printer offers a tremendous 3D printing experience.
As this 3D printer has a flat build surface, if you calibrated your 3D printer in the right manner, you may never face any adhesion issues as many users have claimed. The prints sticks very well to the build plate and can be removed easily as well.
One of many buyers said that they have been using this 3D printer for many months and they are happy because the Elegoo Saturn provides them with consistent high quality and detailed prints without any hassle.
Pros of the Elegoo Saturn
- Outstanding print quality
- Accelerated printing speed
- Large build volume and resin vat
- High accuracy and precision
- Rapid layer-curing time and faster overall printing times
- Ideal for large prints
- Overall metal build
- USB, Ethernet connectivity for remote printing
- User-friendly interface
- Fuss-free, seamless printing experience
Cons of the Elegoo Saturn
- Cooling fans can be slightly noisy
- No built-in carbon filter
- Possibility of layer shifts on prints
- Build plate adhesion can be a little difficult
- Been having stock issues, but hopefully, that gets resolved!
If you are looking for a 3D printer that is easy to use, easy to assemble and provides a large build volume in this reasonable price range, this is one of the most-loved options out there.
Go straight over to Amazon and get the Elegoo Saturn for your 3D printing needs.
The Prusa i3 MK3S+ is a well-known 3D printer and it is one of Prusa Research’s flagship 3D printers. It has been designed and improved by adding a lot of updates and improvements to the previous Prusa i3 3D printers.
This goes all the way back to 2012 in which the original model was released.
As the Prusa i3 MK3S+ 3D printer comes from the RepRap tradition of 3D printers and has been improved steadily over the years, this 3D printer is highly suitable to be used for printing high resolution, small parts.
This 3D printer is claimed to be one of the best filament 3D printers when it comes to printing 3D models where fine details matter the most. This factor makes it the best suitable choice for the hobbyist and professionals.
Several people use Prusa 3D printers for print farms where they are 3D printing specific orders or parts for individuals and businesses. It’s one of those reliable machines that you can count on in the long run.
Features of the Prusa i3 MK3S+
- Fully Automated Bed Leveling – SuperPINDA Probe
- MISUMI Bearings
- BondTech Drive Gears
- IR Filament Sensor
- Removable Textured Print Sheets
- E3D V6 Hotend
- Power Loss Recovery
- Trinamic 2130 Drivers & Silent Fans
- Open Source Hardware & Firmware
- Extruder Adjustments to Print More Reliably
Specifications of the Prusa i3 MK3S+
- Build Volume: 250 x 210 x 210mm
- Layer Height: 0.05 – 0.35mm
- Nozzle: 0.4mm default, supports many other diameters
- Max Nozzle Temperature: 300 °C / 572 °F
- Max Heatbed Temperature: 120 °C / 248 °F
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Supported Materials: PLA, PETG, ASA, ABS, PC (Polycarbonate), PVA, HIPS, PP (Polypropylene), TPU, Nylon, Carbon filled, Woodfill, etc.
- Max Travel Speed: 200+mm/s
- Extruder: Direct Drive, BondTech gears, E3D V6 hotend
- Print Surface: Removable magnetic steel sheets with different surface finishes, heatbed with cold corners compensation
- LCD Screen: Monochromatic LCD
You’ll find plenty of top class features on the Prusa i3 MK3S+ that set it up to be one of the best 3D printers on the market.
It has gone through plenty of iterations such as the newly rebuilt extruder, plenty of practical sensors, and the modern magnetic heatbed which has a PEI spring steel build surface that can be replaced easily.
This multi award-winning 3D printer can create some amazing models with high resolution and fine details without breaking a sweat. Prusa decided to add in a fresh SuperPINDA probe which translates into much better first layer calibrations.
They also have some high quality Misumi bearings for improved stability, as well as other positive adjustments that give users a brilliant 3D printer.
You can get the MK3S+ as a fully-assembled 3D printer which can be plugged in straight away or as a kit which you can assemble yourself. Plenty of current users of this 3D printer have given it much praise for its reliability and consistency.
User Experience of the Prusa i3 MK3S+
Setting up a 3D printer is a complex job for many users. With this 3D printer, once you have assembled it, setting the printer up is extremely easy.
One buyer said in his feedback that this 3D printer comes with an auto-bed leveling and a simple filament loading system which makes it easy for the users to use and operate.
Once you start your printing process, you will begin to notice the printing quality, efficiency, and capabilities of this 3D printer. The Prusa i3 MK3S 3D printer rapidly and consistently produces 3D models of high quality with fine details and high resolution.
This 3D printer emits almost no sound while operating. One user said that the motherboard of the i3 MK3S is so quiet that you can 3D print your models and read books in the same room without any disturbance.
This is mainly due to the Trinamic 2130 drivers along with the very silent fan. There is a specific setting called “stealth printing mode” which you can implement to make the MK3S+ even quieter.
Another key thing that users love about this machine is just how fast is can 3D print, with a maximum speed of 200m/s! One user mentioned how another one of their respectable 3D printers could only manage about half the speed at best.
Pros of the Prusa i3 MK3S
- Easy to assemble with basic instructions to follow
- Top-level customer support
- One of the largest 3D printing communities (forum & Facebook groups)
- Great compatibility and upgradability
- Quality guarantee with every purchase
- 60-day hassle-free returns
- Produces reliable 3D prints consistently
- Ideal for either beginners and experts
- Has won many awards for the best 3D printer in several categories.
Cons of the Prusa i3 MK3S
- No touchscreen
- Doesn’t have Wi-Fi inbuilt but it’s upgradable
- Fairly pricey – great value as stated by its many users
If you are looking for a 3D printer that can be considered as one of the best on the list when it comes to quality, high resolution, details, price, and value, this 3D printer cannot be ignored.
It’s the choice I’d make if you want to go for a filament 3D printer rather than resin.
You can visit their official website and place an order for the Prusa i3 MK3S+ 3D printer.
The tag line of the Creality LD-006 is “Unleash Your Creativity, Open Up New Possibilities”.
It is not only a tagline but a promising phrase that will help you to improve your printing experience if you are a beginner and get prints of much better quality if you are a professional.
There is always competition between various 3D printer brands and Creality never fails to compete with the other well-known brands. Using this 3D printer will give you proof of its advanced features and powerful specifications.
Features of the Creality LD-006
- 9″ 4K Monochrome Screen
- Rapid Printing
- Larger Print Size
- Directional UV Matrix Light Source
- Stable Dual Linear Guide Rails
- 3″ Color Touchscreen
- Built-In Air Purification System
- New Convenient Vat Design
- Custom Punched Release Film
- Hassle-Free Leveling
- Sanded Aluminum Build Platform
Specifications of the Creality LD-006
- Build Volume: 192 x 115 x 250mm
- Layer Resolution: 0.01 – 0.1mm (10-100 microns)
- Printing Speed: 60mm/h
- Exposure Times: 1-4s per layer
- Display: 4.3″ Touch Screen
- Material: 405nm UV Resin
- Platform Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Machine Weight: 14.3Kg
- XY Axis Precision: 0.05mm
- LCD Resolution: 3840 * 2400
- Machine Size: 325 x 290 x 500mm
- Resin Vat: Metal
The LD-006 sports a high quality 8.9″ 4K monochrome display along with a large build volume 192 x 120 x 250mm, allowing you to 3D print plenty of smaller, high detailed models on your build plate at once.
You have much more freedom for taking on those larger projects, and you can always split big models into separate pieces and stick them together after for some real size.
Single layer curing times are significantly reduced with the monochrome screen, giving single-layer exposure times of 1-4 seconds. Compared to the older 2K screens, this is a large improvement, in quality and time reductions for printing.
With such a large 3D printer, you want good stability for the best quality, so Creality made sure to install some high quality dual linear guide rails with a T-rod for serious precision.
It is said to provide 35%+ more stability than a single Z-axis rail. Some larger resin 3D printers who stuck with those single rails have been known to deliver less quality, so this is a great upgrade for your print output.
The touchscreen is one of the best looking screens I’ve seen in larger resin 3D printers, giving a futuristic and clean design to it. You’re getting high resolution and a better user experience with this feature.
The CNC-processed aluminum body and sanded stainless steel curing platform leaves you with you much better first layer adhesion. Since resin is a liquid, getting the best adhesion can be difficult in some cases.
User Experience of the Creality LD-006
One of the users said in his feedback that he 3D printed a resin ring with this 3D printer and the results are more than awesome.
The surface is smooth and the dimensions are completely accurate. A user said that he has the best experience while using this 3D printer when it comes to printing jewelry or a prototype of jewelry.
Another buyer shared his experience by saying that he is a doctor and loves to do 3D printing. The user printed a detailed replica of a spine and dental impressions so that they can be placed in the clinic.
After the completion of the model, the print was showing details to the extent that they can be used to study bones in colleges and universities.
People are happy with its state-of-the-art build plate and stable z-axis, but the factor of manual bed leveling is the part that is not much appreciated but because of the printer’s final results, this minor issue isn’t too significant in the long-run.
Pros of the Creality LD-006
- Large build volume
- Quick layer curing times
- Stable printing experience due to dual linear axis
- Great precision and detail in 3D prints
- A durable and reliable machine that should produce consistent quality
- The monochrome screen means you can print without replacing the LCD for 2,000+ hours
- Easy operation with the responsive touchscreen
- Great air filtration to help reduce those strong resin odors
Cons of the Creality LD-006
- No built-in Wi-Fi or Ethernet connectivity
- Fairly pricey but good value overall
Creality is a well respected manufacturer of 3D printers, and they definitely made sure to put some real effort in the design and function of this 3D priner.
You can check out the Creality LD-006 from 3D Jake.
Elegoo is a great name in the 3D printing industry and the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro is one of their initially released 3D printers. When it comes to resin or SLA 3D printing, it shouldn’t be a surprise to find this 3D printer in the list of best 3D printers for high details and resolution.
The Elegoo Mars 2 Pro is a 3D printer that has the capabilities to provide high-quality 3D prints and can bring you the best results, all at a budget price.
Relative to other budget resin 3D printers, the build volume of this 3D printer is very respectable, allowing users to print models from regular miniatures to industrial-grade parts that mainly require fine details and high resolution.
Features of the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- 8″ 2K Monochrome LCD
- CNC-Machined Aluminum Body
- Sanded Aluminum Build Plate
- Light & Compact Resin Vat
- Built-In Active Carbon
- COB UV LED Light Source
- ChiTuBox Slicer
- Multi-Language Interface
Specifications of the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- System: EL3D-3.0.2
- Slicer Software: ChiTuBox
- Technology: UV Photo Curing
- Layer Thickness: 0.01-0.2mm
- Printing Speed: 30-50mm/h
- Z-Axis Accuracy: 0.00125mm
- XY Resolution: 0.05mm (1620 x 2560)
- Build Volume: (129 x 80 x 160mm)
- Light Source: UV Integrated Light (wavelength 405nm)
- Connectivity: USB
- Weight: 13.67lbs (6.2kg)
- Operation: 3.5-Inch Touch Screen
- Power Requirements: 100-240V 50/60Hz
- Printer Dimensions: 200 x 200 x 410mm
The Elegoo Mars 2 Pro is a resin 3D printer has some nice features that help you operate things smoothly, from unboxing to getting your final 3D print.
The 8″ 2K monochrome LCD is two times faster than your standard RGB LCD screens and provides more stable performance.
Unlike other plastic printers you may find on the market, the Mars 2 Pro is made of CNC machined aluminum from build platform to resin vat. It has a very solid build quality and high durability like a reliable workhorse that always gets its work done.
You also have some linear guide rails to provide a consistent and steady motion throughout the printing process.
The build plate has been sanded to create a stronger adhesion between the cured resin and the surface. When you compare this to some older models of resin 3D printers, you’ll be sure to get a much higher success rate for printing your models.
The Elegoo Mars 2 Pro comes with built-in active carbon. Built-in activated carbon could absorb the fume of resin.
Working together with the turbo cooling fan and silicone rubber seal, it should filter any strong odors, giving you an improved printing experience.
User Experience of the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
There’s no shortage of positive reviews for the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro all over the web, with many claims of it creating some of the most detailed and high resolution 3D prints.
One user who previously used FDM filament 3D printers for their D&D miniatures took their quality to the next level with the Mars 2 Pro. When you compare the quality from an Ender 3 to this machine, the differences are very clear.
Setup and operation has really been simplified by the manufacturer, knowing that users love a seamless process. Leveling the build plate is a breeze and your first 3D print is likely to be a success as long as you follow the instructions.
It comes with all the tools you need to create some awesome small or even larger resin 3D prints. If you are a beginner to 3D printing and want to get some excellent quality, you can join tons of other users who are achieving this today.
The inclusion of an angled plate holder allows you to let excess resin drip off the model and back into the resin vat rather than wasting it.
Pros of the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- Outstanding printing quality
- Fast layer curing time
- Inclusion of an angled plate holder
- Rapid printing process
- Large build volume
- Less to no maintenance
- High accuracy and precision
- Robust build and sturdy mechanism
- Supports multiple languages
- Long lifespan and high reliability
- Stable performance during long-term printing
- Comes with extra FEP sheets
Cons of the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro
- LCD screen lacks a protective glass
- Loud, noisy cooling fans
- Z-axis does not have a limiter switch
- A slight decrease in pixel-density
- No top-down removable vat
If you are looking for a 3D printer that can not only bring your fine details and high-resolution 3D print but is actually known for these qualities, this 3D printer may be for you.
You should check out the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro 3D printer on Amazon right now.
The Dremel Digilab 3D45 comes in as the 3rd generation series of Dremel’s 3D printers which is considered as the best generation by the manufacturer.
It was specially designed in a way that anyone from a beginner to an experienced user can print their designed 3D model without any hassle.
In collaboration with Dremel’s Lifetime Support, this 3D printer is extremely reliable and can be used efficiently where you need to print a lot of 3D models.
Because of its collaboration with the Dremel’s Lifetime Support, Digilab 3D45 is well known in the market as an extremely reliable and efficient 3D printer when it comes to getting 3D models with high detail and resolution.
The Dremel Digilab 3D45 (Amazon) comes as a ready-to-use product because you can start your 3D printing princess right out of the box.
Features of the Dremel Digilab 3D45
- Automated 9-Point Levelling System
- Includes Heated Print Bed
- Built-In HD 720p Camera
- Cloud-Based Slicer
- Connectivity Through USB and Wi-Fi Remotely
- Fully Enclosed With Plastic Door
- 5″ Full-Color Touch Screen
- Award-Winning 3D Printer
- World-Class Lifetime Dremel Customer Support
- Heated Build Plate
- Direct Drive All-Metal Extruder
- Filament Run-Out Detection
Specifications of the Dremel Digilab 3D45
- Print Technology: FDM
- Extruder Type: Single
- Build Volume: 255 x 155 x 170mm
- Layer Resolution: 0.05 – 0.3mm
- Compatible Materials: PLA, Nylon, ABS, TPU
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Bed Levelling: Semi-Automatic
- Max. Extruder Temperature: 280°C
- Max. Print Bed Temperature: 100°C
- Connectivity: USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- Weight: 21.5 kg (47.5 lbs)
- Internal Storage: 8GB
Automating parts of your 3D printing process makes things that little bit easier. The DigiLab 3D45 has an automated leveling system which accounts for and detects the smallest discrepancies, allowing you to get more successful, high quality prints.
It is an automated 9-point leveling system with a built-in automatic leveling sensor, with the aim to bring you serious precision and reliable printing over several years of your journey.
We need a good heated print bed to print certain types of materials, or to help that bed adhesion. This 3D printer comes with a heated build plate which heats up to 100°C.
Along with the built-in camera, you have access to Dremel Print Cloud, the cloud-based slicer specially made for Dremel 3D printers.
It is a fully enclosed 3D printer along with a see through plastic door so you can keep an eye on your prints. This helps with improving print quality and delivering a quieter printing operation.
The large, full-color touch screen makes it easy and intuitive to navigate and operate the printer functions and settings. This built-in touchscreen is very responsive to touch and also helps in loading filament.
User Experience of the Dremel Digilab 3D45
One user who currently has two Dremel 3D45’s praises just how great they are. The main thing this user likes about this 3D printer is how easy it is to use and get some amazing print quality.
Dremel is a very trusted name, and they made sure they put some serious thought and design into this machine. They’ve improved over the previous 3D printers to ensure that you can 3D print with many types of materials.
This does have somewhat of an upper hand over some of the resin 3D printers in this list because you can print with some really strong materials like Carbon Fiber or Polycarbonate filament. It’s capable of reaching high temperatures of 280°C
It is recommended to switch to a hardened nozzle to print those “exotic” or abrasive filaments.
Users find the operation very smooth and simple to navigate. The noise levels are pretty low since it is fully enclosed, so you don’t have to worry about loud noises throughout your work area.
One buyer said in his detailed feedback that this 3D printer can offer 3D prints of a high level of quality, details with the bonus of reliability.
The printer has a direct drive, all-metal extruder which is clog-resistant and allows you to print 3D models consistently.
Its built-in automatic bed leveling system brings an enhanced level of precision that allows printing models with fine details and high resolution without any hassle.
One thing that is liked the most is that the filament run-out detection sensor resumes the printing process right from the point where it was paused without any errors.
Pros of the Dremel Digilab 3D45
- The print quality is very good and it’s easy to use as well
- It has powerful software along with being user-friendly
- It prints through a USB thumb drive via Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and USB
- It has a safely secured design and body
- Compared to other printers, it is relatively quiet and less noisy
- It is easier to set up and use as well
- It provides a 3D comprehensive ecosystem for education
- The removable glass plate allows you to remove prints easily
Cons of the Dremel Digilab 3D45
- Limited filament colors compared with competitors
- The touch screen is not particularly responsive
- There is no nozzle cleaning mechanism
With its high-quality prints, fine details, precision, high resolution, versatility, and high-performing functions, the Dremel Digilab 3D45 is not only good for small parts that need details but from large prints as well.
You should check out the Dremel Digilab 3D45 on Amazon today.