3D printers are a revolutionary printing machine, and they can help you create from prototype to fully functional product. 3D printers can be used in any possible field you can imagine, so far it has been used in industrial, architectural, medical, movie, and DIY field.
This post will be a review of a specific 3d printer called the CR-20 Pro.
The CR 20 Pro 3D printer is created by Creality, a 3D printer manufacturer in China that have developed some of the most popular FDMs on the market, such as the Creality CR-10 and Creality Ender 3.
Thanks to the tremendous success of the Creality CR-10, the Chinese manufacturer later launched several additional 3D printers connected to its flagship machine, including the popular Creality CR-20. Despite the undeniable fact that 20 is larger than 10, this printer was actually smaller than its previous model.
But the CR-20 did come equipped with many great features that includes upgraded hardware and components, power recovery, and qualities that are designed for the shrinkage in the 3D model. Recently, Creality introduced CR 20 Pro with some upgrades and few changes.
This is a DIY 3D printer that offers an excellent solution to your 3D printing needs.
If you are facing problems with bed alignment, distortion, and installation of layers, then this is absolutely a 3D printer for you! It consists of an integrated design module, automatic bed alignment, and an imported blue Teflon tube.
The cost of this 3D printer is affordable at under $500 and you can buy it from the official Creality website or any other known resellers.
Keep on reading for the complete review of the CR-20 Pro 3D printer.
The main product features of CR 20 Pro 3D printer are:
- Easy to assemble
- BL-Touch automatic leveling
- MK10 Extrusion mechanism
- Magnetic sticker
- High standard structure
- Imported blue Teflon tube
- Meanwell power supply
- Resume printing
Easy to Assemble
Unlike many 3D printers out there, the Creality CR 20 Pro is very easy to assemble. It requires six screws to connect two modules, and the printer will be ready to use.
Also, note that an easy assemble process never compromises the stability and reliability of your design.
The CR-20 Pro is a metal frame 3D printer that assures 200 hours of continuous printing with no safety issues.
BL-Touch Automatic Leveling
The CR 20 Pro has a BL-Touch automatic leveling sensors for easy printing, which consists of 9 point leveling system. It provides perfect flatness throughout the build platform. This is a very useful feature of the CR 20 Pro 3D printer, which guarantees a high level of operating efficiency with ease.
MK 10 Extrusion Mechanism
It’s equipped with an improved MK 10 extruder that eliminates the risk of clogging and spillage. The MK 10 extruder plays a vital role in performing the precision quality you want. The MK 10 extrusion mechanism in the CR 20 Pro is a patented technology.
It uses a removable magnetic sticker on the printer platform, which replaces the old method of using textured paper and glue. The Magnetic sticker makes it easy to take out the printed model. It also solves the problem of printing on the edge and makes it more cost-effective.
High Standard Structure
The printer uses a V-shaped pulley, which is a patent technology it gives the high standard structure to the 3D printer. The V-shaped pulleys make it possible to execute the printing smooth and stable with more wear-resistant and less noise.
Imported Blue Teflon Tube
The imported blue Teflon tube is used for the high-temperature resistance compared to the standard filament tube, which makes the filament feeding smooth, and it also improves the printing quality of the 3D model. The imported Teflon tube is designed by the Capricorn (Premium PTFE Bowden Tubing).
Meanwell Power Supply
It has a Meanwell power supply, which allows the current to flow properly for better user experience. Helps start the 3D printing process by heating the build platform quickly.
The advanced power supply provides sufficient power to heat the platform quickly, so you can start the 3D printing process fast and save time.
The CR-20 Pro gives you intelligent 3D printing solutions for consecutive work. We call it intelligent 3D printing because of the smart resume function.
Make sure you have the ability to save the progress of 3D printing in the event of a power failure. The 3D printer continues printing from where you left off after power was restored.
You can securely protect the power supply, with this function, which can help manage long time printing and saves your time and money.
Filament Detection Sensor
The filament detection sensor checks the filament status of the 3D printer.
It shows when the filament runs low or break, and it pauses the 3D printing process when the printer runs out of the filament. You can easily add new filament and resume the printing process.
Dimensions and Weight of the Machine
- Machine Weight: 8 Kg
- Machine Dimensions: 420 x 440 x 470 mm
- Packing Box Weight: 10 Kg
- Packing Box Dimensions: 495 x 485 x 295 mm
Electric and Connectivity Specifications
- Total Power: 270W
- Power Supply: Input AC 100 – 120V/6.8A 200 – 240V/3.4A 50/60Hz Output DC 24V
- Connectivity: USB, SD card, Online
- Technology: FDM
- Slice Thickness: 0.1 – 0.4 mm
- Printing Size: 220 x 220 x 250 mm
- X/Y Axis Position Accuracy: 0.012 mm
- Z-Axis Position Accuracy: 0.004 mm
- Maximum Nozzle Temperature: 250 °C
- Maximum Bed Temperature: 110 °C
- Number of Nozzles: 1
- Nozzle Diameter: Standard 0.4 mm, can be easily changed
- Printing Speed: 100 mm/sec, Normal 30 – 60 mm/sec
- Precision: 0.1 mm
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm
- Filament Compatibility: PLA, ABS, TPU
- Operating System Required: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Slice Software: Cura, Repetier Host, Simplify 3D
- Supported File Formats: STL, Obj, amf
CR 20 Pro has great benefits for the users. It’s design and technology make it unique from the other 3D printers. The following are the benefits:
- Plenty of features which make it easy to use for beginners
- Great for personal and professional use.
- You can use different materials PLA, ABS, TPU, etc to create amazing designs.
- Stable printing bed allows the printer to give excellent print quality
- The heated bed platform heats up quickly to start your 3D print and save time
- The printer provides very high resolution and precession of your 3D models
- Great print quality due to enhanced printing stability. The U-type passive block on the Y-axis makes the machine stable to print.
- The printer has a 9 point leveling method, which makes the leveling simple and easy.
- The imported blue Teflon tube ensures a smooth filament feed.
- Peace of mind with resume printing so your prints continue, even after a power loss.
With the amazing features, CR 20 Pro has few downsides.
- Some users say that it has noisy fans which is quite irritating but it can be upgraded.
- Unfortunately, your guarantee does not cover surface damage such as scratches, cracks, dents, etc. From the way it’s packaged, this is unlikely to happen in transit.
What Comes In the Box?
Parts that are included in the box with the CR-20:
- Power cable
- Set of basic assembling tools
- A collection of nuts, bolts, and spacers
- Nozzle cleaning tool
- Print removal scraper
- Filament holder assembly
- Bowden pneumatic connectors
- Spare nozzle and Bowden connector
- Micro SD card with USB adaptor
- Free 200g sample filament
It is easy to say that Creality took great measures to improve the user experience and durability of the original Creality CR-20, without sacrificing the model’s impressive value for money.
Given these factors, we are pleased to announce that the CR-20 Pro deserves the Pro title, as it maintains a strong position in the same price range as the standard model and added value where it matters creates.
So if you want to upgrade to a newer model that offers more user comfort and better print quality, this machine is definitely worth the investment that offers endless hours of fun.
It has great features like resume printing, filament detection sensor, magnetic sticker, etc. In simple words, CR 20 Pro is an amazing 3D printer for your needs.